• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Odin Chronicles

Sirhc401

So today Odin decided he did not have enough time to Freeroam. After letting him walk around the bathroom for a bit I took tigger my bearded dragon out for some deserved exploring time. I heard Odin jumping and hitting the top of his cage like he does when he wants out, I went to investigate and noticed he pooped, I went to clean it and had the paper towl in my hand when I noticed Odin was getting ready for a jump again, I hovered my other hand over him to discourage him from jumping but instead he takes the opportunity to quickly climb up my arm onto my shoulder, but I still don't know if I can trust him not to jump off, so I have only one hand and I awkwardly maneuver him down to the bed, So he managed to get himself some extra time exploring today, but I'm happy that he is getting comfortable enough with me to jump right on my arm. :)[/size]

Sirhc401

[size=large]Clicker training update* [/size]Just an update for those who wanted to know how clicker training was going. Odin picked up the concept really easily. After associating the clicker, which only took about three attempts he already started looking for his food when he heard the sound. We call his name and tap our finger on the floor for visual and verbal cues which gets him to run over to us and when he does click! And treat!. He does get distracted with his curious nature so like any animal he is more responsive to his cues when he is really hungry. We have also been petting him and click! And treating him. To get him to like being touched more. He still is not too fond of pets but he now tolerates us laying our hand on him and picking him up. Making great progress in a shirt amount of time. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029