• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

nothing changed but the enclosure and tegu's attitude

cjasmine

Help! I have been looking after a friend's b&w argentine tegu for a year now, since the tegu was a month or two old. I handled her frequently, fed her regularly, gave her treats, played with her, kept her humidity and temp steady.
However, a few weeks ago I transferred her to a new bigger enclosure, because her outgrew her other one. I washed it out and scrubbed it before I put in all of her old enclosure stuff in it. I thought at first that she was being highly aggressive because it was a new environment, so I let her be for a few days. Then she was fine but when her owner came to check on her and hold her, and the little one bit her! And she has never bit anyone before.
After that whenever I or her owner try to handle her or put anything in her enclosure she tries to jump and snap at us. I put an empty glove that I was wearing in there today, after I fed her to see if she would be passive enough for me to handle her but she attacked the glove and wouldn't let go. I have tried everything, New substrate, different diet, adjusted humidity and temp. Nothing is working! Help!

sage

Idk how long it has been but my tegu is almost a year old and she had a couple weeks where she was the same way and would bite anything I put in the cage. Now she is still a little more jumpy than usual but seems much better. I did a little research and it seems like it is normal for a tegu this age to have a cranky spell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus