• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

not pooping, but not impacted

orionthetegu

hi guys! i’m a new member here, i’ve read a lot of the forum posts but this is the first time i’ve registered to post anything.
i have a baby black and white, about four months old now. i’ve had him for a month, everything has been going great until he stopped pooping. he still acted normal and was eating, and was passing urates, but wasn’t pooping. i read a ton of different threads here and anywhere i could and i was afraid he was impacted, even though he had only been fed outside his enclosure. anyway, i waited about a week, i soaked him every day and massaged his tummy, and i tried cod liver oil in his food also. i made a vet appointment before christmas, and after a couple x ray’s they found he wasn’t impacted, she sent me home with the instructions to keep soaking and massaging and come back in a week if he still hadn’t pooped. sure enough, he wasn’t pooping, and today he had his follow up. after two enemas, he produced a poop about an inch long and she said it seemed normal and not hard at all so they didn’t know what the issue was. it’s being tested for parasites, i’ll know the results in the morning, but has anyone else had an experience like this with their tegu? and how did it get resolved? and is there anything else i can be doing at home to help him out? he ate today and had another soak and tummy massage but hasn’t passed anything since the enema a few hours ago.

okay actually as i’m typing this he just urinated and had a little runny poop on the bathroom floor. maybe we are doing better than i thought haha. she said it might be a bit runny at first.

anyway thank you!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I def did have an impacted Tegu, and he did have a few runny poops after the blockage was removed. Good to hear yours was just going through something difficult to pass maybe? Did you just recently give him/her something new in it's diet? So happy for your baby. Good news.

orionthetegu

I def did have an impacted Tegu, and he did have a few runny poops after the blockage was removed. Good to hear yours was just going through something difficult to pass maybe? Did you just recently give him/her something new in it's diet? So happy for your baby. Good news.
yeah i still don’t know what it was, but he’s been passing regular poops and urates every day now since the enema so i don’t know!! i had been sure to be really consistent in his diet during the time he wasn’t pooping and stopped offering any whole prey during that time, i still am giving him a soak every couple days to make sure things are going smoothly but he’s doing really well now! so i am super glad of that. hopefully whatever it was is all solved now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu