• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

!!!! Nose/Snout Rub - help needed quick!!!

Jolio

5 Year Member
Hey,

so i'm pretty new to this site but thought it was worth asking you all as there some awesome experince here.

I recently bought a year old tegu and am currently constructing his new viv.

The one he's in is not ideal but he is comfortable in it.

He seems to be developing a small sore maybe 3mm diamter on his upper lip?

I'm worried this is snout rub and if so how do i deal with? stop it? reduce him doing it?

Or am i wrong and its something else i should worry about?

He is not all that tame so poking around his mouth isn't very easy as he snaps and scratches and hates being picked off the floor. He is showing great signs of improving to tame though, whic is great.

I hope someone on here can help/point me in right direction.

Thanks all.

31drew31

5 Year Member
What type of cage is he in right now? how big of cage? how big is the tegu itself? Maybe snap some pictures as those always help.

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
you can treat the wound by washing with soap and water and an antibiotic ointment. see if you can use a long Q-tip so he doesnt get too stressed.you need to keep it clean and free of dirt (good luck).as for prevention it depends, because we dont know the cause.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me