• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

normal full grown red tegu?

elmo

it is normal for a red tegu to get this big? i hope so!

Attachments

• elmo full grorn.jpg
    elmo full grorn.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 137

tresh

Damn....that is one big friggin' tegu. That makes pretty much all the adult males I've seen look small. Wow. I want to know who raised one that big, and what breeding led to one that size! That makes even some of the Extremes I've seen look small.

elmo

tresh said:
Damn....that is one big friggin' tegu. That makes pretty much all the adult males I've seen look small. Wow. I want to know who raised one that big, and what breeding led to one that size! That makes even some of the Extremes I've seen look small.

ok so not so normal for them to get this big :( darn! lol

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's completely normal for a red tegu if raised under proper an better than ordinary conditions. I believe that's the red LLL Reptile has as a store pet, but I may be wrong. Not too sure. Reds generally get quite large. That's a damn well healthy red.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They can get quite large, but are also individuals. Just like NBA players are a little out of normal range.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: normal full grown red tegu?

TeguBlake said:
It would be a work out to try and Lug that dude around.

Werd he has to be about 35lbs

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks normal to me since size ranges. On top of that take into consideration size distortions in pics since we don't know how tall or what size the girl holding it is. Which doen't look that tall to me.

Cassie

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Looks normal to me since size ranges. On top of that take into consideration size distortions in pics since we don't know how tall or what size the girl holding it is. Which doen't look that tall to me.

Was about to say the same thing! Having a friend of mine hold anything makes it look huge since she's around 4'8", on the other end of the spectrum my partner is 6'7" and makes larger animals look dwarfed.
Without knowing how tall the woman holding it is we'd never know its size going off of one image. She looks like she could be on the tiny side, comparing her to the things around her, but that could easily be perspective.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.