• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Night / Day cycles

Maro1

I have noticed that all of my Rhino's follow the current night day cycle of the season regardless of the hours I have set with their lights. Has anyone else noticed this? When it gets dark outside they go to sleep even though all of their lights stay on.

My Beardeds don't do it.

Maro1

RobK.

Maro1 said:
I have noticed that all of my Rhino's follow the current night day cycle of the season regardless of the hours I have set with their lights. Has anyone else noticed this? When it gets dark outside they go to sleep even though all of their lights stay on.

My Beardeds don't do it.

Maro1

same here . i have mine on a 12 hour cycle , yet he goes to sleep the minute it get dark through his window . we have about 10 1/2 hours of light in N.Utah right now . even less with a snow storm and his window faces the east too .

Maro1

what do you do for humidity levels day and night , Is it humid where you live ?

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Both my rhino and cuban hatchling do the same thing thats funny they know when the sun goes down even though there lights are on in there encloser smart animals.

Maro1

When I first saw this I wondered if something was wrong but they just seem to know its getting dark out and they shut er down for the night.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I didnt think there was something wrong i had other iguanas in the past that did it so i figured it was cause the winter season light cycle,my rhino,and new cuban are alittle slower but still eat well,i'm sure as soon as summer begins they'll be up later and more active.

Maro1

It's interesting that that as a group collectivity respond this way. My beardeds respond to the lights cycle I have them on.

Maro1

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah i think they can by maybe atmospheric pressure not sure,and the colder it is the higher the pressure,the lower the warmer it is.:blush:

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, my reptiles have always reacted more to the weather outside that the lights in their tanks. They'll sleep if the lights are on at night and be active during the day if they're off. I'm really not all that surprised, seeing as I when I turn on/off the lights is usually dictated by when I go to bed/wake up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029