• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Newbie with LOTSA Herps!

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
Hello! My name is Jacqui, and I have been lurking here for a few months but just joined today (I am kinda shy). Lexi persuaded me to introduce myself and said everyone was friendly here so I am just saying hi! I have lots of experience with herps but have only owned two tegus in my life. One was a Black and White who I had to rehome :(, the other is my baby Red that I have right now, who is named Sangria :). I believe I was sold him by someone on these forums, actually, because I saw an ad for him in the classifieds on here at some point. He is a little sweetie and I am working with him really hard so that he turns out to be tame as an adult. I have much more experience with other reptiles though. I have been working with geckos for 7 years now and have owned many different types (right now I only have cresteds, leopards, and pictus geckos). I also have a beautiful bearded dragon, 3 uromastyx, a savannah monitor, a rosy boa, a red tail boa, and a horned lizard. I have also recently gotten into collecting frogs, so I own 2 pixie frogs, 2 american bullfrogs, and a few tree frogs. I am really excited to get to know everyone and learn more about tegus, as they are one of my favorite reptiles and I am honored to have one as a pet!

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
Ok, pictures you want, pictures you shall recieve!

Here is a picture of my new Red Tegu, Sangria, on the day he arrived home:
sangria422_2.jpg

Here's my beautiful bearded dragon, Jara:
jara1.jpg

My crested gecko, affectionately name Mr. Sticky Fingers:
stickyfingers5.jpg

My baby savannah monitor, AJ:
aj2.jpg

One of my American Bullfrogs:
snowflakesit2.jpg

My male pixie frog, Bowser:
bowser2.jpg

And last but definately not least, my female Surinam red tail boa, Eve:
eve1-1.jpg
[/img]

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! We've been talking by email the last few weeks. I didn't know you had all of those!! Were do you keep them all?? A Surinam, I'm jealous!!!

I hope we can meet some day soon.

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
Yes I recognized the name :). Yea I've got SO many animals, squeezed into a very small amount of space :). But I love them all dearly.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
CoexistExotics said:
Yea I've got SO many animals, squeezed into a very small amount of space :). But I love them all dearly.
We've got alot squeezed into too much space in our house. The bigger they get, the more room they take up!. Ironically we're trying to sell some of the smaller ones and keep the bigger ones! Go figure!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
i love Mr. Sticky Fingers!! his name sure does suits him!

Bowser is awesome too! is he full grown? i want to get one of those and name it Jabba. because those frogs remind me of Jabba the hut lol.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Very cool and the Albino bullfrog is bad to the bone. The Surinam is really a good looking thing too. Welcome to the site.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jacqui, Glad to see you finally introduced yourself!!!
Jara Is Beautiful, whats the sex? Cause i have a citrus/pastel hypo male that would love if it where a girl! lol

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
Welcome! Im glad to see you having such a big interest in reptiles! I too have had alot which most have came and whent. I seem to find something new in reptiles, learn everything i can about them, keep them for a while, then trade, sell, or loan to my friends and get another new one. So far i have taken care/studeid over 100 different reptiles in the last year which amazingly, i just got some Saharan Uros and im learning about them right now. I have had Mali Uromastyx before long ago but never a Saharan and sadly, sense they are so hard to breed (Uros) 98% of all Saharans are imported like mine but i think i will try and get some CB babys out of them.

Welcome again and post mroe pics! Love the Boa, i just recently got out of breeding boas and got rid of my 28 boa collection lol.

leoares27

5 Year Member
Thanks for the pics! They are all awesome!
And i'll ask too...do you have a pic of the horned?

Welcome again!

sunshine22

5 Year Member
All of your animals are beautiful! I especially like the red tegu! Probably because I have a Golden Tegu and really like all tegus, but It's beautiful!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad you joined us!!

Looks like you have some awesome animals!!

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the comments on my animals!!!

I will get pictures of the horned lizard as soon as I can so everyone can see him! He's a little beauty!

Also, Lexi, my dragon is in fact a female. If you were ever interested in breeding them I would totally go for it and split the clutch 50-50 with you. I am sure that Kingston is closer to Connecticut than it is to my house on Long Island. You know my email, so email me about if you're interested.

And Zeke, Bowser is a male bullfrog, and FAR from full grown. He is going to at least double in size. I have seen females that are about his size at full grown, but males get much bigger. He's actually only around a year old so he has some time to grow up. I plan to breed him when he gets older as well :).

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
Since everyone wanted pics of the horned lizard, here he is:

horned2.jpg

horned1.jpg

He's full grown and I'd say no more than 5 inches long. They normally only eat ants, but this guy eats crickets with no problem. If only they bred easily in captivity.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
nice horned lizard!

ooh bowser is a bullfrog. i thought he was a pixie! i want a pixie frog :) he is still awesome!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me