• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New water monitor....brace yourselves (tear jerker)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Im interested in an update on this one, her story really ticked me off :(

The monitor was 'spayed'

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
spidersandmonsters said:
^^lmao I'm sure she meant the owner, not the monitor. Hormones can go really crazy in older women and a hysterectomy can take those hormones out.

No, the monitor was the one that got the hysterectomy.

I'm pretty sure Sally has passed.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thumper said:
Who the hell would give a monitor a hysterectomy? I'd like to introduce his face to my shin.

No need to fly off the handle,.. it's not uncommon for reptiles to have a hysterectomy if they're having reproductive issues. It's called Dystocia,.. but I haven't heard of the surgery causing paralysis. That would be a serious mistake on the Vets part,.. unless something happened to her some time before or after surgery.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
The poor creature. It may be impossible, but when I hear stories like this, I keep my fingers crossed that somehow she will get all better, and be able to move again. At the very least I hope she is happy. Thank you for taking care of her.

It doesnt sound like the previous owner was bad. He took care of her for 7 years. If she had surgery performed, Im sure it was for a good reason. They cost a lot of money. Either way, she is in a good home now.

babyyitslove

Poor baby girl. If she has passed, I'm sure she got lots of cuddles and love, to show that not everyone sucks ass... and that she could be loved unconditionally.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Wow, that is horrible beyond description. I am truly shocked to hear a graphic story like that. There is a special place in Hell for people who abuse animals like that. How did Sally even live that long in that condition? I am so sorry such a magnificent lizard had to live such a miserable life. You are a wonderful person for trying to help that monitor.

new2tegus

Can we start a blacklist, I mean as nerdy as it sounds,they did this in gaming realms, can't we find out who it was and just spam all the pet stores so this person can never own or be a companion of another animal. That is so sad,and I'm so happy you did it, I'd say if you need anything, money for food or anything, put a paypal. I'd donate for her care. No animal should have to live like that, ever. I know when we lost our boxer she was 13 years old, and was my mother's best friend. She never ever saw a kennel. Wherever my mom would go, she would too. The first time she was put in a kennel my parents and I went to NC for my cousin's wedding, and on the way home the vet called and told her she had a massive seizure, and was going to have to be put down. She died, around strangers, people she didn't know. At least you are giving Sally some happy memories to take with her as she passes. Thank you V.K.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sadly, many pet stores wouldn't check a blacklist. They just want to sell. There is the BOI on fauna that has a good guy and bad guy forum

Scott_k

Kudos to you for taking up the maintence and neglect from irresponsible owners and good luck in spoiling your princess.

Dana C

You were right. I teared up.
I won't say anything about her previous owners but will about you.

You willingness, love and devotion to not just the species but her as an individual leaves me almost speachless.
You are to be blessed, commended and applauded for your kindness and courage taking her on and making her comfortable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam