• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New to the Tegu parent family! Looking for some personal experience tips!

Space

Hey everyone! I just adopted my first Tegu and I'm relatively newer to the reptile family. I'm well versed in what is needed specifically for him however I have a question about sleep. So I'm assuming he is sleeping more (burrowing) because he needs to adjust to his new environment? I'd like to know whether waking up your tegu or letting them wake themselves has benefited more towards a good relationship.
-Thanks!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome and congrats. First 2-3weeks lwt them call the shots. Still, talk when you are changing water, etc. regardless of where it is. Also, add,worn shurt to hide for familiarity.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
The shirt worked for me when I got my first Tegu. I'm convinced any new environment for them is stressful - so letting them sleep and feel safe is best. Let them come check you out - they'll get hungry and figure things out. You'll get great info here - the members have saved my tail (no pun intended) a few times!! Everyone is eager to help, and friendly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980