• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

NEW to the forum

killerangel

5 Year Member
Hello

I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello to you all..

As of now I'm currently serving in Afghanistan for my 4th and final tour... THANK GOD.. So when I get home in Feb 2010 I was going to get me a Tegu from Varnyard-Herp.. I sent an email to them and had some question about when I could get one and what was the size difference, and temperament with his All-American Tegu. I like the b&w Tegu and his reds are awesome.. I think the black nose are also called gold tegus may be wrong.. if you guys have answers i would love to know

During my off time when I do have it I have been reading and studying about how to care for one.. I have a red tail boa at home that a friend is taking care of..

I plan to build a custom cage LOL I will have tons of time on my hands when I get home..

So check this out...wood cage 8'x4'x4' plexi glass front. heat lamp with a thermostat UVA/B light you know the basic.. I was thinking of adding a crawl box on one end of the cage so he could hide..

So what would be the best area to place the hide box cool or hot side

best place to put the water

thank and look forward to talking you yall

Anthony

5 Year Member
hey man whats up a black nose tegu is just a color scheme of his regular argentine black and whites.... a gold tegu is a columbian tegu and there usually smaller and harder to tame.... i have a black and white arg tegu and a red tegu both from bobby.... the white is female the red is male.... if your definitely getting a tegu id def get one from varnyard.... as far as building those dimensions are good and id ask around for ideas on building on what materials to use.... basking spot can be between 90 and 110 with a good uva and uvb .... powersun 100 watt is what i use and its got a good rep on this forum.... i wish u luck and its my opinion u cant own a better looking funner reptile then a tegu

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
killerangel said:
Hello

I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello to you all..

As of now I'm currently serving in Afghanistan for my 4th and final tour... THANK GOD.. So when I get home in Feb 2010 I was going to get me a Tegu from Varnyard-Herp.. I sent an email to them and had some question about when I could get one and what was the size difference, and temperament with his All-American Tegu. I like the b&w Tegu and his reds are awesome.. I think the black nose are also called gold tegus may be wrong.. if you guys have answers i would love to know

During my off time when I do have it I have been reading and studying about how to care for one.. I have a red tail boa at home that a friend is taking care of..

I plan to build a custom cage LOL I will have tons of time on my hands when I get home..

So check this out...wood cage 8'x4'x4' plexi glass front. heat lamp with a thermostat UVA/B light you know the basic.. I was thinking of adding a crawl box on one end of the cage so he could hide..

So what would be the best area to place the hide box cool or hot side

best place to put the water

thank and look forward to talking you yall

awesome welcome to tegu talk . wish ya luck I was in iraq during desert strom. US marine wish ya well and come home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029