• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New to the forum

TheScubaDude

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and love my Tegu (Thor) and many other critters. I have lots of questions as a critter keeper and hope to use advice from those more experienced. Here is my baby, he is approximately one year old and growing like crazy. I just moved him to an outdoor enclosure and he seems to absolutely love it.

THOR.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. Beautiful tegu. He is in part what is conventionally called a blue tegu but is a result of a cross with a red tegu (different species). Underground Reptiles?

Zyn

Id just call him a blue x red. These breeders want Tegus to become the next ball python morph market. But they don’t have the genetic makeup for it. Underground reptiles will sell you a “super ice purple tegu” which translates out of marketing speak as a “blue x red x b/w “ or their super blacks “ which are just line breed B/w with high black contrast. Albino being the only true Moph I can see in the tegu world the rest are just locality/breed crosses. I personally have a 75% blue 25% bw from hectors habitats. Which means his sire was 100% blue the dame was 50% blue 50% b/w. So don’t take this wrong I love the possibilities we see with the crosses and yours is a stunner

Last edited:

Kre8sioN

Yeah and I saw the prices on those "ice" tegus smh…. but wont even an ice tegu turn mostly black and white anyway since there not albino? or are they part albino? idk . I mean 3000 to 5000 for over bred, cross bred, possibly inbred, lmao .. but then scuba's look black white brown and is that purple on the snout?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980