• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New tegu rescue mom

morgan dickey

Hi guys! I just got my little tegu. He is a rescue. He was wild caught in Florida and and been abandoned and neglected since then. He people I got him from have worked with him some, so he hasn't been hissing at me or running from me but he still doesn't trust me or show interest in me. Any advice you can give me on how to get him to trust me and form a relationship with him would be great! Thank you :)

SamBobCat

Have you heard about the bath tub taming trick? I tried it out with my girl and instantly we had such a strong bond. Just put them in the bathtub with warm water and either sit in the tub with them (I'm pretty small so that's what I did) or sit on the edge and make your body the way out. He'll learn that you're not a threat in no time!

N8bub

That's the best trick in the book. I've used it personally on 3 savannah monitors, 1 black throat, 1 colombian tegu and my current buddy a half blue/bnw.

N8bub

I should add thats best for little ones , bigger gus might require a small room where you shut the door and let them warm up to you on there terms. You'll be buds in no time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu