• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Tegu Question

Taydeon

5 Year Member
I just got my Tegu yesterday..... and he explored his new home for a while and then he dug his little hole and has not moved in the last 24 hours and i know he is probably gonna be burrowed in there for a few days so my question is.... should i feed him until he cant eat or just the regular 3 frozen mice?

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is always good to offer them food, but chances are, they won't accept any for a few days. If he does....well, to be honest, I'm not sure if it matters how much food he eats just as long as he eats something to start off. Is he an adult or a baby?

Taydeon

5 Year Member
its only a few months old i would say like 5 or 6 the petstore i got him from got him from a guy who thought he was a skink as a baby when he bought him but then he realized it wasnt... so they could not give me a 100% sure answer on the age but he is about 16 inches

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just give him a few days to settle in, he should start eating soon. As for the size, it really depends on how well he has been fed, if he was not fed well he will not grow as fast.

Taydeon

5 Year Member
im not worried about the size bobby.... i was just trying to figure out since its been a few days since he/she ate how much should i feed him/her....

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Taydeon said:
im not worried about the size bobby.... i was just trying to figure out since its been a few days since he/she ate how much should i feed him/her....

Oh, ok, well I would try to get it to eat a medium mouse at that size once a week. And I would let it have all of the ground turkey and insects it cares to eat the rest of the week. I take it that it is a Colombian tegu?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont