• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new tegu plus cage

repcoop18

5 Year Member
i got a new adult male tegu a few months ago and he is living with my female hope to breed next year
i got the cage from coldbloodedcages.com very nice :mrgreen:

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
are you serious, do you know how much time,money,commitment and knowledge it takes to breed tegus? its not as simple as just throwing 2 tegus in together and they just breed and produce babys. how do you even know the first tegu is healthy enough? after living in a bathroom for x amount of time get them both seen by a vet first then do some research before trying to breed them.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Oh great let me guess you don't know what hibernation or brumation is and they are currently at about 50 degrees and starving?!?!?

ashesc212

5 Year Member
I'm glad to see you got a cage for them but I think that they should be separated. Breeding is no small task and takes a lot of time, effort, and sometimes money.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
isdrake, It would be highly questionable as far as the legality of such arrangements (the bathroom). Our state fish and wildlife commission has specific requirements for keeping reptiles that would not be met and has the authority to take the animal.

cornking4

5 Year Member
Is there any way we could get his personal information and report it to Fish and Game? Maybe he left an email address when he registered for tegutalk that a moderator could pass on to an official....

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
ahahahahah. dude, your just plane ignorant. I just read the entire thread about your tegu in the bathroom. I was 14 when i got my first beardie and i did a year of research and talking to other beardie owners, and many other things before i even decided i was ready. Now i have many animals. I do so much research that my mom gets annoyed with me because i say, "hey mom, did you know that......"
Just take care of her and no one here will disrespect you. If you actually want to improve your set-up, just ask! We will all help your girl. And, if you dont have money or time, sell her to a member here! That would be a very noble act. And then in the future when you are a little more mature, and have your own money, mabey you could get another.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Please please do not call someone ignorant and then spell plain wrong. Also, his set up has gotten better although he obviously made some mistakes.

jarett_Harrison

5 Year Member
i acknowledged that his set up got better. And that was one mistake. And i was not reffering to his spelling. So you didnt need to make a rude remark.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
I just think that insulting someone for their ignorance and then spelling an easily spelled word wrong looks bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu