• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Tegu Bonding

Andrewpo

Progress! He got on my hand today and no biting! He even stopped hissing after a few seconds. I even pet his chin!
The guy i got my wc from she is about a year half give or take, she was wc three weeks ago shes already coming around he told me dont hand feed them he said if she dose start to try and bite just ball your fist and let her do it shell relize that what shes biting she cant chew!shell give up and realize your not the one to be biting he has tons of them rescues rhem before fwc kills them so id assume he knows a thing or two i havent let her bite me yet but she hasent really seemed to want to

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Whoa! dont wait too long if that's the plan! And good luck being fast enough to ball your fist up before she bites. They're freaky fast. De-escalating is the way to go... I think I disagree with the guy you got her from. Just my opinion. I did feel the bite of a male that was over a year and a half old, and I had no time to react. And if I got another Tegu, sacrificing my hand in any way would not be an option! Pain for days ....blood...scarring..... Maybe with a baby, but not the size you have.

Did I say how bad it hurt??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980