1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

New Tegu arrived injured need advice

Discussion in 'General Tegu Discussion' started by Snukemus, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Snukemus

Snukemus New Member

So I purchased a b&w Tegu recently from Tegusonly.com my guy has arrived and his left front foot seems to be injured. He/she is walking with it's left front foot side ways, like walking on the side of it's foot. It just came yesterday so I know it's settling in.

I did take it to the vet yesterday, x-rays appeared good and there was no break.

The pictures Rodney sent me show the Tegu walking normally, and I know he wouldn't send out an injured Tegu purposely.

So with all that said, any ideas, or advice?

What could be the issue?
  2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Wait and see.
    AlphaAlpha likes this.
  3. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

these are robusk and strong annimals ..... I'd just give him a few days he could have just picked up a knock
  4. Snukemus

Snukemus New Member

All seems well now. Literally massaged the foot and leg, helped stretch it a bit. Fell asleep for an hour. (Woops). Tegu was above my head curled up in the couch cushion, woke it up, it was walking totally normal. Total turn around. Must have been a muscle issue. Great animal.
    Adam Kieser and AlphaAlpha like this.
  5. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

Cramps from the journey maybe lol
    Adam Kieser likes this.