• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Sumatran Water Monitor

kinggill

As a new member on this Board maybe I haven't earned the room to speak freely yet...But from my previous experience of keeping reptiles,about 30 years worth,I agree 100% with the advice that is being given here by others...2 months later that Salvator should have nice tight skin,that tail should be full.That Salvator will not survive on minnows alone.If you want a pet that can survive on minnows buy a piranha :mad:

m3s4

More updated pics:

20120830_105033.jpg

20120830_111244.jpg

20120830_111200.jpg

20120830_104953.jpg

Grendel

So how is that monitor doing? It's been 6 months. usual growth for a well supported monitor would be around 3-4inches per month in the first year, so we should expect this beast to be at least 30 inches long.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I'd like to see updated pics too! No experience with monitors at all, except to watch them prowl around at my favorite pet store :) i love the colors and patterns of the last pics! Wow! Would be awesome to see the dinosaur now! :) my only input? No goldfish...ever. dirty flukes live inside them and they are nothing but ammonia machines. Yuck.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
I'd like to see updated pics too! No experience with monitors at all, except to watch them prowl around at my favorite pet store :)

I thought you were told to stay out of Zoo Creatures. Stop pining for that mutant alligator.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Haha... no. They haven't gotten the restraining order *yet*. But they have a HUGE water monitor. He is so cute. :) and like I said...for all I know the alligator is gone. :/

Ripkabird98

Grendel said:
So how is that monitor doing? It's been 6 months. usual growth for a well supported monitor would be around 3-4inches per month in the first year, so we should expect this beast to be at least 30 inches long.

After looking through the pics, it's probably dead. If it's lucky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602