• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New guy! cool stroy

jeepsteve

So I finally got out of the army and have room for a new pet tegu. After afew weeks of research I decided to go with a 2.5 foot yearing or so with a very bad additude. When I first saw him he was very scared and aggressive whenever he was being handled at the store. Getting him out of the box and in his cage took over an hour due to bitting and whipping. He would actually jump and bite for my fingers as I would open the box. (Thank god for welding gloves). Wanting to get him tammed in a hurry I took him out 2 times a day for an hour or so temper permitting and 8 days later he is crawling all over my bed exploring and playing peekaboo in the blankets. Once he is tired he lays next to me for his neck massage. Thats my cool story and excited to be here!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. Sorry it took so long to get him out of the box. I usually ship mine in some sort of soft bag inside of a insulated Fed Ex regulated box as is required by all shippers. Then you can open the bag and get the guy into his enclosure.

Glad he is tamed and working well with you.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Hi and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your new tegu is getting love and attention. They are amazing creatures and are definitely capable of showing that love back. Whats his name and how about some pictures!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Would also love to see some photos!
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members