• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Environment Dis-orientation??

Crazze91

5 Year Member
I am new to tegus, and still slightly new to lizards in general. I just got an Arg. B&W about a week ago... he's a year and a half or so. Before I got him I used to play with him in the store all the time and he was a puppy dog, but since I brought him home he hasn't been very social. He is barely eating (just a few bites and then he walks away), hasn't "disposed of waste" since he has been here, and whenever I try to touch him he just lays there and hisses. I have a Savannah Monitor that was only 3 months when I got him and it took him about 2 weeks until he got used to me and was halfway pleasant (i've had him for 2 months now and he is a sweetheart)... but is this the same thing with my tegu? Is he just a little out of sorts from the environment change or should I be concerned? He's not a baby so I didnt expect this... is he ok?

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Probably the environment change. Give him two weeks to settle in with very little handling. Just feed and water.

jmiles50

5 Year Member
I would completely agree :!: Enviroment changes can be very stressful, and they will need some time to adjust. Just be patient, and he'll come around :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980