• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Enclosure!

NickBoudin

5 Year Member
I've finally gotten the tank all set. All I need to do is buy a red night time bulb for some added heat. I decided to make my lighting mostly custom because of how much the temps change in my house from day to day. Usually when I work 7-7 my AC is turned off in the morning. Since my room is upstairs, in a cape, it gets really hot. That means that the enclosure may be too hot for the tegu. I have my basking light on a dimmer switch with a 90 watt bulb. I also have the UVB light on the same switch. I can dim it down to nothing and the UVB stays on until the dimmer is clicked off. The night light is on a seperate switch.

Well, here's pictures. There will be another hide, and this dishes in there were both going to be for water, but I'm just going to find a nice 4x8 shallow dish for him, instead. Also, the blue looking bulb is going to be the night time bulb, I just need to buy a new one, haha.

2ni15if.jpg

16l04sm.jpg

2qv7deb.jpg

316p69y.jpg

Anyone see anything wrong with this setup? I hope it'll be good for a couple months anyway. It's ashame he wont use up any vertical space, but It'll work for now.

Enjoy,
Nick

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
only prob i see is that maybe their isn't enough floor space to set up a proper gradient from the hot to cool sides and your uvb tube is possibly too high up.

i don't know your temps, but if the tank seems to be overheating ambient-wise you could use a lower wattage bulb and move it down twards the ground more.

that kinda screws up the cool lid you made though.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Well in a small tank like that, theres really no way to get a tempiture gradiant. with my 8' long enclosure theres only a 4-5 degree difference, despite my best efforts to make it more.

Other than that, which was a good point on kharnifex's comment, Nice Background and electrical work.

NickBoudin

5 Year Member
Well the flood light actualy seems to be directing the temp to that slab of slate. I dimmed my light down, the temp was 130, it's now down to about 108*F on the slate. I'm now taking readings of the right side of the tank, it's down at about 80 now, but I only just put it over to that side. I hope it gets a bit cooler!

Thanks for the comments so far,
Nick

Alek

5 Year Member
Here is mine at thetegu.com

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thetegu.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=406&pos=0">http://thetegu.com/modules.php?name=cop ... =406&pos=0</a><!-- m -->

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks cool Nick, but as earlier stated, you might want to check the distance on that UVB. I don't know if they all have it on the box but the one I bought said no more than 12 inches from the animal(or they won't benefit from the uvb). Good luck!

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.