• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Elongated Tortoises and Gargoyle Gecko (PICTURES!)

Azaleah

5 Year Member
So I got a few new animals today. This brings me up to 32 animals. Perhaps I need to slow down a bit? lol.

But yea these will be the last for a while. I have always wanted a tortoise and I found out about Elongated (or White Headed) Tortoises, and decided I wante to keep them. They are a tropical tortoise from Asia and reach only about a foot in carapace length. I got two little babies in today. Here are some pics:

Here is their cage (ZooMed Tortoise House... great product I must say)
tortoisehouse.jpg

Here's the two of them in the cage (lots of room to roam!)
tortoisesincage.jpg

And here are individual pics:
tort1.jpg

tort2.jpg

I also picked up a gargoyle gecko. He is a subadult male and he has an underbite, so he was being sold as a pet only. Its ok though, because I don't really have the time or money to breed now anyway lol. Anyways here he is:

garg1.jpg

garg2.jpg

Hope you like them!

And if anyone has name suggestions, that would be great! I do not know the sexes of the tortoises, but the gargoyle is a male. Thanks everyone!

leoares27

5 Year Member
how bout cagnie and lacey, or bonnie and clyde (for the torts)

cecil for the gargoyle...

whatever you choose, they are beauts!! Congrats

Brad2bw

5 Year Member
Those tortoises are cute... And the gecko is awesome, in the last pic it looks like a little baby crocodile lol.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Names have been chosen for the tortoises: Kenzie is the lighter one and Darcy is the dark one. Now only to find a name for the gargoyle :)

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Markie said:
I love the gargoyle! May I ask where you got the Zoomed Tortoise House?

Big Apple Herpetological (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigappleherp.com">www.bigappleherp.com</a><!-- w -->). I got lucky cuz the warehouse is by my parent's house, so I get cheap stuff without shipping prices. It was 120 dollars and totally worth it. However, it is a bit heavy, so shipping might be a pain.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The first name that popped in to my mind for your lil guy was Caligula....I don't know why. I don't know that it is fitting...has a lot of negative connotations to it.

Azaleah

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
The first name that popped in to my mind for your lil guy was Caligula....I don't know why. I don't know that it is fitting...has a lot of negative connotations to it.

I've never heard that name in my life lol. What bad connotations does it have? lol

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Azaleah said:
DZLife said:

I've never heard that name in my life lol. What bad connotations does it have? lol

Look up Caligula in wikipedia. If I went in to explicit details here, I could get banned XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus