• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Dog

turtlepunk

So I rescued this dog off of the streets. He's a chihuahua mix and pretty skinny! He has bones popping out EVERYWHERE, but he still has lots of energy which leads me to believe he is still pretty young.
Anyways, I am wanting to put him on a raw diet because he already has issues (such as tear stained fur, bad gas etc)
was wondering if anyone here has their dogs on a raw diet.

Dana C

I don't all the time but I would if I could buy it locally. There are some grain free foods available that you may want to try first. Petsmart and Costco have some salmon and sweet potato based diets as well as others that while not cheap have worked wonders on my standard poodle which has a problem with gluten. It is very much worth a try. I think that Blue Buffalo is one of the brands that I used. These kibbles can be had in salmon, venison, lamb, chicken or other meat bases and most use potato instead of grains as the second most abundant ingredient along with other vegitables.
With a little guy like you have it won't break the bank.
Good luck with him and cheers on your rescuing him!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980