• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Critter (Yellow monitor)

Mr Critter

5 Year Member
[*]
Picture059-1.jpg
[*]
Picture058-1.jpg
[*]
Picture056-2.jpg
[*]
Picture057.jpg

RoadSpawn

5 Year Member
Hello
Just some friendly advice. If you have a screen top, it is a death trap. The screen allows humidity to escape and slowly turns your monitor into beef jerky. These monitors need a range of temp's and humidity. They also need lots and lots of hides. They need hides where it's hot, warm and cool and by that token hides that are dry and humid. The temps need to be as follows: basking 140, warm side 90's, cool side 70's. Humidity should range between 60%-90%. They need to have choices so they can thrive. Just some friendly advice.
RoadSpawn

IMG_5804.jpg

Mr Critter

5 Year Member
Thanks for the advise, Im workin on it,this tank is temporary till i build her a new bigger one,140 is a little xtrem that will turn anything to jerky, 110-125 is plenty, their tropical not dessert.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sweet monitor. I've narrowed my monitor choices down to these, peach throats and the black roughneck.

RoadSpawn

5 Year Member
Monitors are not tegus and although the temp's may seem way to hot, that's what they need. The Rain Forest does get that hot on surface areas that are exposed to direct sunlight. Remember there are layers and the higher you go, the hotter it gets. These monitors are tree climbing and use the high peeks of the trees to bask. Mine are 30 inches and 26 inches long. The temps I've described are used. Like I said, just some friendly advise from someone who has two.
RoadSpawn

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
MrCritter,

How is your Melinus doing? I am getting really close to ordering one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029