• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Blue Tegu Hatchlings!!!

olympus

5 Year Member
Wow big deal you successfully produced beautiful blue tegus and you have done something that few people can accomplish. LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good job dave...

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Wow 9 is a good number. Your running 50% as of now. Really not bad at all for first time breeder. Chickens sometimes die after hatching. Sometimes the yolks just don't have enough energy in them. It may be because them female may be her first clutch too. I'm not sure on that one. Dave would have to say for sure. Hatching is very stressful and tiring on them. Sometimes they just can't recover. But you still done something most other will never do. The experience must be so exciting. I am really super jealous. LOL I love hatch time. That's what makes what we do all worth it.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Update us man! We need to see those babies :) Any idea on how many you plan to keep? lol I'd be a terrible breeder, I'd keep them all lol

Take good care of them, we're all super proud and happy for you Dave :)

Spencer

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Yeah how many made it? Have they all found homes? Have they all made it thru the week? Yay for Dave Mad props dude ! awesome work!! I hope to beable to do as you some day

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry, we were at my Uncles funeral all day. One more hatched this morning just about the time we got up. We came home this afternoon to find 3 more running around! The last egg was the one with mold on one end. We "tickled" the egg a few time and saw some movement. It took some work but we got him out!!!! He's the runt of the "litter", the mold was probably sucking the moisture out of it.

18 total!!!!!!!

More pics and some video later.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I came home yesterday to an egg hatching. I grabbed the camera a got some video.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/PinewoodDaddy/Blue%20Tegus/Hatchlings%202008/?action=view&current=MVI_1264_.flv">http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n303 ... _1264_.flv</a><!-- m -->

This the egg that has had mold on one end almost from the beginning. I thought it might be toast but we tried the "tickling" technique to get him out.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/PinewoodDaddy/Blue%20Tegus/Hatchlings%202008/?action=view&current=MVI_1305_.flv">http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n303 ... _1305_.flv</a><!-- m -->

Here's one with interesting markings on it's neck. Instead of straight stripes it had a "U" shape, and the stripes behind it are also unusual.
IMG_1277_.jpg

IMG_1282_.jpg

IMG_1284_.jpg

IMG_1286_.jpg

Here's a little guy enjoying dinner.
IMG_1290_.jpg

A couple of groups shots.
IMG_1308_.jpg

IMG_1300_.jpg

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Wow I'm at a loss for words You must be a very proud tegu breeder They are all so awesome do you have a pic of just the "runt" the lil one who had a moldy egg?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaRealJoker said:
Wow I'm at a loss for words You must be a very proud tegu breeder They are all so awesome do you have a pic of just the "runt" the lil one who had a moldy egg?
Thanks!!

He is the one in the lower right. He is a little smaller, but the ones hatched 2 days ago have grown so much. The pic was taken right after he hatched and was cleaned up. We're going to separate them (big & small) into 2 tanks tomorrow. We'll keep an eye on him.

IMG_1308_.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980