• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Addition

sunshine22

5 Year Member
Hey guys. I've been thinking about getting a new pet or two. I have an extra 20 gallon tank that I want to make use of. I was wonder what would be a good reptile to put in this tank. One that doesn't grow really fast of doesn't get very big. I was thinking about anole lizards, but I was wondering if there was anything bigger that can be content in a 20 gallon tank... maybe a small snake?

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
I would honestly stick with a lizard if its a glass 20 gal. Snakes don't do as well in glass tanks becuase the glass actually sucks the heat from them.

Armadilo lizards are awsome and can be very tame which would fit right in with a 20gal. A Leopard gecko or fat tail gecko would do nice in it as well. Anoles would too but i don't like them lol, i mean i do becuase they are a reptile but i mean as a pet i don't.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would honestly stick with a lizard if its a glass 20 gal. Snakes don't do as well in glass tanks becuase the glass actually sucks the heat from them.

Do you have more information on this? Link? I have never heard of that.

I would reccomend a Crested Gecko. Fun, easy and stay small.

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
I can find one yeah but its also just basic information. Stick your hand against a glass window and watch how fast your hand gets cooler and the glass gets warmer.

Der-Boa-Lieber

5 Year Member
I would reccomend a Crested Gecko. Fun, easy and stay small.[/quote]

I would cover the top atleast half way if its a screen top if you decide to do cresteds to keep some of the moisture in.

sunshine22

5 Year Member
DZLife said:
Maybe a house snake?

So what do you think about not keeping a snake in a glass cage? Because just about everyone I know with one keeps them in an aquarium, including the pet stores. (Not to say that all of them know what they're doing, because let's face it, some don't.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu