• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

need some help

G

hi everyone!

my little red makes me confused a lot.

he has some shedding problem i guss, since he hasnt sheded for like more than 2 months. since more than 2 months ago he did nt show the interested in food(he did eat regually less than 1 month ago, but not any more) is it because he wants to hibernate? and is it the reason that he s not active enough to get ride of the old skin, and causes the shedding problem? :?: :?:

i use the dry grass as the bedding material, and i put a lot of water everyday to keep the humidity. before i used cocnuts but i had a big time to deal with the mints. the temperture is pretty high and the humidity as well.
and right after i found he has nt shedded for a longtime. i gave him bath everyday for 15mins, but i didnt work out...

he doesnt really come out from the rocks, even when he s thirsty. whenever i spray the water into the enclosure, he leeks, but never goes to the water container by himself, and when i force him to move, he always drags him stomch instead of using leges to support the body.

i worried about something s wrong inside him. hopefully they are just the consequences caused by the idea of hibernation....

i want to here what u guys think!

thanks a ton!

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Sounds like he could have a touch of MBD. Make certain you are providing enough heat and UV. What's your set up?

...JP

G

i hv dry timothy grass as the bed material, and i put water everyday to keep the humidit
a couple of rocks to help himw to shed.
a water container, big enough to let him bathe
one heat lamp and a ubv bulb, on 12 hours and off 12 hours
but i dont hv particular hidding cage, he just hides himself under the grass or the rocks...

Jefroka

5 Year Member
How long has the current UVB light been in operation? It is recommended that they be changed out every six months in case you weren't aware of this.

One of my beardies stopped eating and grew lethargic. She was still healthy in appearance but just wasn't herself.

I changed the UVB light to a brand new one and saw a complete turn around within ten days.

It was an absolute transformation with her eating again like a pig and her energy level soared back to normal in just this short period of time.

...Jefroka

G

Jefroka said:
How long has the current UVB light been in operation? It is recommended that they be changed out every six months in case you weren't aware of this.

One of my beardies stopped eating and grew lethargic. She was still healthy in appearance but just wasn't herself.

I changed the UVB light to a brand new one and saw a complete turn around within ten days.

It was an absolute transformation with her eating again like a pig and her energy level soared back to normal in just this short period of time.

...Jefroka

Jefroka, thanks a lot for ur info!!
my uvb s about 6 months, it is 26w.
im thinking to get a more powerful one....
yeah i m pretty sure that mine got MBD, 1 week after i got him i saw his toes were twitching,,,,
i start treating him with calcium solution, the calcium powder dissolved in water and feed him with injector. hope he ll be better.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Best of luck Patrick!

Remember it don't hurt any to bring 'em out in the sunlight to bask now and again, can't beat real sun.

Of course it has to be warm out.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214