• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need Help please read to help me....

tegugirl

5 Year Member
I am new to the tegu thing and I was told to ONLY use cypress mulch and nothing else for bedding is this true or is there something else we can use? Also my tegu is not completley out of hibernation yet but she did eat alittle today so How often do we change her tank bedding? I mean i know to spot clean her poop but overall how often should you clean it out ...i was also told to do so once a month? dump all the cypress mulch out and get fresh cypress mulch? Please help. Thanks

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here is some great info to help you.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?t=20</a><!-- l -->

As for changing the bedding, I do it when it needs it. If you think it needs changing or see that it need to be replaced, then it is time to change it.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I use cypress on all our Tegu's except for a our male Blue who tends to eat it and get impacted. The others have never had a problem.

How often you change it depends on the size of the Tegu, how often it eats and how well you spot clean. They sometimes bury it. We change ours every 3 or 4 months, but skip one over the winter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.