• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need Help on sexing...

KSTAR

5 Year Member
i was wondering how and where to look for spurs on my tegu and what are some features between males and females in general...i do know of some like the size difference and the jowels...

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sometimes these buttons show up at about three feet long, however, I have seen tegus with the start of buttons at two feet long. I high lighted the buttons.

100_4494_.jpg

This is an adult female, note she has no buttons.

normal_Dark_lady_DSCF0001_1.jpg

normal_Dark_lady_DSCF0001.jpg

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Hey Bobby i have a question when it come to the buttons. When you say as early as two feet or at three feet is this SVL length or overall length.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is overall.

I tried to look at the Blue babies a couple of weeks ago but they're not thrilled with being turned upside down. It was hard to see anything with them thrashing!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
That is overall.

I tried to look at the Blue babies a couple of weeks ago but they're not thrilled with being turned upside down. It was hard to see anything with them thrashing!

I am having the same problem. :(

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:
That is overall.

I am having the same problem. :(
It's probably still too soon.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
wow I guess I must be the lucky one cause my baby blue doesn't thrash around when I put it upside down, but only for a short period not too long. Well I hope my little one is taking longer to show the spurs cause if not then I have a female. My little one is 26 inches already overall length

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
wow I guess I must be the lucky one cause my baby blue doesn't thrash around when I put it upside down, but only for a short period not too long. Well I hope my little one is taking longer to show the spurs cause if not then I have a female. My little one is 26 inches already overall length
26???????!!!!!!

What are you measuring with, a rubber tape measure???!!! :mrgreen: Or you're using Bobby Bond's trainer!!!

I just measured a couple. They're up to 22". They're still growing an inch per week.

I turned a few over and couldn't see any bumps. They all struggled, but a few actually stopped after 10-15 seconds and seemed to fall asleep while they were upside down!! Weird!!!!!

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
yup well not exactly 26 inches but like 25 3/4 inches lol Dave. he has shed three times since i got him and seems like he's going for another plus he eats three times. he has four rat pups at 8 in the morning then at 1 before i go he has ground turkey with fruit then at 5 before he goes down for the night he'll get fed raw chicken.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
BOOSTFEEN said:
yup well not exactly 26 inches but like 25 3/4 inches lol Dave. he has shed three times since i got him and seems like he's going for another plus he eats three times. he has four rat pups at 8 in the morning then at 1 before i go he has ground turkey with fruit then at 5 before he goes down for the night he'll get fed raw chicken.
You're creating a monster!!!!! :mrgreen: I don't eat that good!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980