• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Names for New Blue?

Oddball

5 Year Member
When I get it I'll post pics! But in the meantime...

My boyfriend and I already settled on one possible name: Leviathan.

Any more suggestions?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here he is!!!

I was cleaning the tanks and noticed how cool his "U" marking has gotten! And it's a tongue shot!

IMG_1410_.jpg

What do you think??

Here's a pic from 2 weeks ago for comparison. They aren't the same scale. They were 7"-8" hatched and over 11" now.

IMG_1286_.jpg

He's shipping on Monday!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The pattern I highlighted in the picture reminds me of the Raised Fist symbol. A number of political parties have used this symbol in the past but it has many meanings. I personally would name it after something associated with that.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist</a><!-- m -->

IMG_1410_.jpg

Fist.png

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Hahaha Call it U-Turn lol just kidding unless you like it heehhhehe Neet how nature stumbles upon different patterns that we see as images we use every day. If you noticed my tegu has a face ontop of his head

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oddball said:
OMG HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Are you actually going to send that one to me Dave?
YES! He's in the box at work with me right now. I'll be bringing him to the Post Office at lunch time.

leoares27

5 Year Member
hey there,

Spanish is the language of Colombia, which is where the blue tegu is said to be originated from.

The word "blue" is Azule...pronounced Ah-zool

I love the word, so, its my suggestion!
yay and good luck with him or her!

Oddball

5 Year Member
A memory invoked in me when I saw the fist earlier today.

I was reminded of the communist uprising in Russia and the influential political campaigns in Moscow and so I've decided that it will be named Moscow.

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions though. I really do appreciate the help.

As soon as I receive this lovely beauty tomorrow, I will take pics and make an avatar and signature. Thank god for photoshop.

Also, should I try to have it hibernate this winter or do that next winter and save this one for food, adjustment to a new home, and physical health and growth?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oddball said:
Also, should I try to have it hibernate this winter or do that next winter and save this one for food, adjustment to a new home, and physical health and growth?
The Blue's aren't known to hibernate, ours just slow down. Then again, there isn't alot known about them. It may depend on the temps, ours are in a 70-75 degree room all winter. If you want him to fully hibernate you'll need cooler temps, not likely in your area. Our Blues didn't hibernate last year and had fertile eggs, so obviously the Blues don't need to hibernate. But if he wants to he will.

Oddball

5 Year Member
Awesome, the normal temperature in our room is about 75

(we just got a temp gun and measured the surface temperature of just about everything we could find, lol)

His cage right now is ready for him when he gets here, except I'm saving putting the water in for when he is actually here, I don't want it to go icky and stagnant

Now, I'm assuming you cook the turkey before serving it, or do you serve it to the babies raw? I know uncooked food parasites and microbes can be a problem for us humans, just wonderin' if it goes the same with blues

P.S. (Warning: will toot my own horn a little...)
I really know how to pick 'em, lol
With all my animals, I've always come out with either the coolest looking, or strangest acting, and the same with my boyfriend who is lotsareps on this forum
and together, we have a collection of strange and/or interesting animals
well yet again, my choice has exceeded my wildest dreams, and my little blue that i picked on day 1 (ish) has ended up looking badass!
If he (boyfriend) convinces me out of naming him Moscow, I'll update ya'll...but i hope not. i like this name

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oddball said:
Awesome, the normal temperature in our room is about 75

(we just got a temp gun and measured the surface temperature of just about everything we could find, lol)

His cage right now is ready for him when he gets here, except I'm saving putting the water in for when he is actually here, I don't want it to go icky and stagnant

Now, I'm assuming you cook the turkey before serving it, or do you serve it to the babies raw? I know uncooked food parasites and microbes can be a problem for us humans, just wonderin' if it goes the same with blues

P.S. (Warning: will toot my own horn a little...)
I really know how to pick 'em, lol
With all my animals, I've always come out with either the coolest looking, or strangest acting, and the same with my boyfriend who is lotsareps on this forum
and together, we have a collection of strange and/or interesting animals
well yet again, my choice has exceeded my wildest dreams, and my little blue that i picked on day 1 (ish) has ended up looking badass!
If he (boyfriend) convinces me out of naming him Moscow, I'll update ya'll...but i hope not. i like this name

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, a TempGun is one of the coolest tool you'll find!

The ground turkey is served raw. Get the extra lean and it won't go bad as fast. It's the fat that goes rancid.

We like to collect herps you don't normally see in a pet store.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oddball said:
A memory invoked in me when I saw the fist earlier today.

I was reminded of the communist uprising in Russia and the influential political campaigns in Moscow and so I've decided that it will be named Moscow.

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions though. I really do appreciate the help.

That will be $10 USD for my services. All payments must be made in cold hard cash!!! :p

Oddball

5 Year Member
Lol. Note taken on the food and as for puffdragon, i regret to inform you that i'll have to owe you ^_^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029