• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Name Your Favorite Reptiles!!!!

So I decided to make this thread so everyone could share and talk and tell about their favorite reptiles!!! common all you members of Tegu Talk it doesnt matter if your favorite is a Tegu and if someone else already said it just add your favorite reptile or reptiles!!!! you can always update it and add more to it!! so lets hear what all you herps have to say, what is or are your favorite reptile/reptiles?!?!?!?!?!?!? color phases count as well!!!!! :)

I cant descide if i should start this off with one or a few...so ill start it with 10 :D Rainforest Dragon, Black Throated Monitor, Galapagos Land Iguana, Rhinoceros Iguana, Sailphin Dragon, Black Blood Python, Coral Phase Albino Boa, Purple Albino Recticulated Python, Amazon Basin Black Phase Emerald Tree Boa, & New Caledonian Giant Gecko.

turtlepunk

Even though im not an experienced keeper of tegus (YET), they are definitely my biggest fascination and one of my favorite reptiles. I also have a huge love for the savannah and black throat monitors. (again, not an experienced keeper).I have come to realize big lizards are my latest fascination for sure!! and hope to own one of these monitors some day.
I love boas! For some reason my three boas have a much sweeter disposition than my 4 pythons!!! they're such chill snakes!
I will always love ball pythons. LOVE the blue eyed Leucys!
I also LOVE green mambas! (dont have one and never will) but just LOVE AND RESPECT THEM! theyre GREEEN and super bada*s!!!
I can go on and on and on but i better stop here!!! lol

herpgirl2510

tegus, rhino iguana, my beardie babies, my savannah, I also just got a northern cbb blue tongue skink she is pretty neat. I would love to have a water monitor and a black throat, and a green tree python.

However my B&W Tonka is my baby and I just love him to pieces. I just think tegus have the most wonderful faces and personalities I cannot wait to get to know my extreme more when he is comfortable. The best paart about tegus is the fact that they can free roam so much and really become integrated into the family life.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
My favorites i own,

Het clown Ball python "Beauty", really docile snake. My male is a douche though. He snap's at me on random sometime's but he hasn't done it in a while, i really don't handle my Bp's a lot though.

My Sav i only had for about 6 days and haven't even handled him yet :(, he's just so cool!

Curly tail lizards, they are just so fun to watch move, really active and beautiful, not many keep them though which sucks!

My bearded dragon is also a fav.

Favorite reptiles

sudanese uromastyx, Red saharan uromastyx, Yellow saharan uromastyx, somali uromastyx, rainbow uromastyx, orange benti uromastyx, ornate uromastyx, mali uromastyx, indian uromastyx, egyptian uromastyx, ebony uromastyx, banded uromastyx, algerian leopard uromastyx, & moroccan uromastyx. :D

jmulley6

yea uromastyx are pretty awesome I want one in the future. :)
I also want a second tegu, a red this time.
cant wait for my frilled dragons to get bigger I want to breed them.
I also find the large monitors fascinating not sure if i will get one though..
I love snakes but I dont trust them (maybe its the lack of legs?)

jmulley6 said:

i want Tegus period :( i want a red one mainly though :eek: and i LOVE frilled dragons :O can i have a baby from them some day? :D and im sure over time you could learn to trust them :D i mean they did USED to be lizards they just evolved XD i think its the green anaconda that some times has super tinty limbs that dont work near the end of it for a weird reason linking it to a evolving lizards from the past :D
BlackendMetalDeathHead666 said:
jmulley6 said:

i want Tegus period :( i want a red one mainly though :eek: and i LOVE frilled dragons :O can i have a baby from them some day? :D and im sure over time you could learn to trust them :D i mean they did USED to be lizards they just evolved XD i think its the green anaconda that some times has super tinty limbs that dont work near the end of it for a weird reason linking it to a evolving lizards from the past :D

forgot to add this Jmulley :D i also REALLY want aside from Uromastyx, a black throat monitor, crocodile monitor, and a water monitor :eek: but also some amazon tree boas, argentine boas, rainforest dragons, frilled dragons, chinese water dragons, red and black blood pythons, diamond pythons, carpet pythons, id love the new caledonian giant gecko, rhino iguans and galapagos land iguanas :D and some various chameleons :D like the jacksons or the 4 horned!! :D and a blue tongued skin man i could go on for days here. XD also satanic gecko is really cool too!!

new2tegus

You'll find a lot of large constrictors have those, tiny limbs or pelvic spurs, but I think for right now I'm going to stick with a tegu. I thought about a red as well,but not sure how the gf would feel about having two large lizards free roaming the house all the time haha. I'd like a few other reptiles,but we will see.

Think I might invest in a few geckos though, just to keep down the local bug population.

new2tegus said:
You'll find a lot of large constrictors have those, tiny limbs or pelvic spurs, but I think for right now I'm going to stick with a tegu. I thought about a red as well,but not sure how the gf would feel about having two large lizards free roaming the house all the time haha. I'd like a few other reptiles,but we will see.

Think I might invest in a few geckos though, just to keep down the local bug population.

Put it to her like this, would you rather I have to large lizards known as Tegus roaming our house who can be tamed, or would you rather i go out and buy 2 pythons or boas that could get over 10ft long or maybe 2 reticulated pythons that max at about 33ft? your choice my love. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu