• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Tegu isnt getting his fill with his diet

Chelsea M.

5 Year Member
I am feeding my Tegu pinkies once a week, fruit mixtures (when out of fresh fruit), fresh fruit, crickets, mealworms, and waxworms (worms and crickets dusted with the right nutrients). He's is getting pretty big and so i thought maybe there would be something else he will be able to eat that would be on a normal Argentina Black and White Tegu's diet. I would like to give him what I normally do (listed above) and add things that wouldn't hurt him and still be okay for his diet. If u dont mind i would like a list of fruits and other foods i havn't thought of. He doesnt seem to be interested in what i give him anymore.

~thanx~

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Here, check out this link. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353&start=0</a><!-- l -->

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaRealJoker said:
Here, check out this link. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1353&start=0</a><!-- l -->

I changed that topic where it will stay on top of the tegu care page.

As for the fruits and veggies, some of my tegus just will not eat them. I do not even try to feed them to my tegus any longer, I also do not think they are needed to keep tegus healthy.

I feed mine Crickets, Roaches, Mealworms, Super worms, Pinkie mice, Quail, Baby chickens, Mice, Rats, whole small fish, Soft-boiled or scrambled eggs, ground turkey, Fresh fish filets, beef liver, chicken liver, beef hearts, chicken gizzards, chicken hearts, ducklings and even a toad every now or then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029