• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my tegu and his new cage(little picture Heavy)

Zelera

5 Year Member
just got my new cage for my tegu yesterday and he is loving it.
Here is a few pictures enjoy.

100_0916.jpg

100_0917.jpg

100_0918.jpg

100_0920.jpg

100_0921.jpg

100_0923.jpg

100_0922.jpg

100_0924.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks good!

Did you seal the wood? It'll absorb moisture will cause it to expand and rot. Any Tegu excrement will seep into it and won't be able to cleaned. You should completely seal it with 3 coats of water based polyurethane or maybe DryLock. It'll have to be reapplied very year to maintain the seal.

Zelera

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Looks good!

Did you seal the wood? It'll absorb moisture will cause it to expand and rot. Any Tegu excrement will seep into it and won't be able to cleaned. You should completely seal it with 3 coats of water based polyurethane or maybe DryLock. It'll have to be reapplied very year to maintain the seal.

actually no i didn't think of it till my friend said somthing about it.

ill probably have it done,its not going to effect the cage for a while tho right?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Zelera said:
DaveDragon said:
Looks good!

actually no i didn't think of it till my friend said somthing about it.

ill probably have it done,its not going to effect the cage for a while tho right?
Any excrement from the Tegu will seep into the wood and breed bacteria. Not good. You should do it as soon as possible. I glued vinyl flooring in the bottom pan of our enclosures. It's water tight and easy to clean. http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=345

AB^

5 Year Member
Hey Zelera, I didnt even notice who made the post, it's nice to see you over here. Havent seen you on RZ in a while.

Zelera

5 Year Member
AB^ said:
Hey Zelera, I didnt even notice who made the post, it's nice to see you over here. Havent seen you on RZ in a while.

ya i don't get on there to much anymore,no one is really on it anymore so im mostly on here now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu