• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Rhino's parents

RobK.

kinda cool being able to see my baby Rhino's parents in this video . That is if mine is really from Fred and Wilma ( second cage ) like i was told . you never really now for sure . ??

http://www.youtube.com/user/TomCrutchfield1#p/u/8/IDUE5bex8TU

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah that is cool to see,rob ehrig told me who the parents were of my russets,and i've dealt with him before and hes as honest as they come.But true you never know.:)

RobK.

I am 55 and my rhino MAY out live me , if i do my part and take good care of him . I wish i was younger or had got him earlier . But being retired i have plenty of time to take care of him . I am in his room at least 3 hours or more a day. I have him in one of the extra rooms in out basement , in that room is his cage , a table with Moringa trees growing on it ,and a recliner to sit in . Not sure how long his 3'x8' cage will last him . Not sure if i will add on to it , or make a new one . ?? I order a compact florescent bulb and another MVB from MegaRay a hour ago . still want to get a solar meter soon .

herpgirl2510

Your guy came from great stock fred was very handsome cool that you can see videos. I am 38 and I have alot moretime to spend with my lizards when I was younger I was so busy with my life now I love spending my free time with my reptiles I have a hard time leaving 3 days a week for work,

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I'm 33 and i make time for my lizards been doing it since i was 11 years old and i'm not stopping now lol,hey i make all the time in the world for my girlfriend which likes my rhino too and for work which i'll be doing for prolly 35 more years and family etc.But i enjoy keeping lizards as a hobby and it my favorite hobby.I too sit down there with my rhino for a while each day and i will be building a new cage for my guy when he hits around a year old,i have two boa master cages now 8x3 and 6x3 but i used them for my tegus,i want to Build my rhino his cage though cause hes growing fast lol.:)

frost

1,000+ Post Club
haha not trying to insult anyone but i didnt know u guys were so much older than me...im 22.but i have been wanting to get a rhino about as long as i have wanted to get a tegu. i likve iguanas and these would be perfect.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i wonder if tom will be breeding fred to a different female? my rhino was out of fred and wilma, i was really hoping to get one out of her last clutch, tom is a great guy im sure he wouldnt lie to you

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Email tom and see what he says he might this coming year,i never dealt with tom so i assume he's honest dont know.

RobK.

frost said:
haha not trying to insult anyone but i didnt know u guys were so much older than me...im 22.but i have been wanting to get a rhino about as long as i have wanted to get a tegu. i likve iguanas and these would be perfect.

NO INSULT at all !!:D

I saw Rhino Iguana in a reptile store in Chico Calif 15 years ago +/- while on a truck route . I new where all the Fly shops and Reptile shops were in just about any town in N Calif . So that where i would take my lunch breaks .:D Just didn't have the time or space until now . I was working 60 hour weeks and trying to play dad , husband and doing church stuff . I wanted a Rhino iguana after seeing my first one in Chico .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Thats awsome all the lunch stops were thing you liked lol.My first reptile was a green iguana when i was 11 years old 22 years ago lol,then about 8 to 9 years ago i was on www.bluetegu.com and was buying a albino tegu off ron st pierre and saw his rhino iguana picture were this huge rhino was on a piece of log he had and i was like i want a rhino iguana and thats how my rhino iguana keeping started.:)

herpgirl2510

Hey 40 is the new 20 :). I spoke to tom a week ago he offered to sell me one of the three he kept from Wilma's last clutch for $400 including shipping.

herpgirl2510

I wanted to start with one a little older. It has never been handled I wanted one that had been handled before he is 18 months old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980