• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my red male or femal

glk832

5 Year Member
How everybody doing ..... im new to tegu talk ive only posted a few times i have red tegu and this site has been very helpful so thanks..... the i have is... when do males reach sexual maturity and been to grow those jowls...... my tegu is about ten to eleven most try to figure out which it is

montana

Look for small BB size bumps at the base of the tail .

If it has bumps its a male if not it`s immature or a female

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My youngest tegu started getting jowls around 6 months or so, very small and subtle. He's now getting a lot wider in his head. You can feel spurs around 18 inches, they feel like BB's or small zits. They should be right behind the back legs/vet on the sides of the tail. Not all tegus have them as noticeable when they're younger, one of my tegus has one that I can feel but the other can only be seen. Another thing to look for are sperm plugs, I'm not too sure how often they show up when tegus are younger. I see them here and there from my males.

Oh, and welcome! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214