• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Spot the tegu

I recently got a Black and white tegu in the beginning of winter at a reptile show in VA. what I did not know is that they brumate he/she has been under the dirt for about two weeks and I want to know should I check on her and move her to the 40 gallon I have (she is in a 60 right now and it is to tall it’s a corner tank) or should I wait to do that until she is done brumating. If this is confusing the two things I want to know is 1.should I move her to a tank that can give her great heat or should I wait until she is done brumating. 2.should I check on her every week to see if she is still alive and change her food and water. Thanks

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Let him brumate. Always keep them in fresh water, and only feed when they start coming out, and looking for something to eat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu