• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new Blue tongue skink

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well i went and pick him up today and just got home.. Got him set up in the holding tank till i can get the bigger tank cleaned... I noticed on the way home he has watery eyes.. But i think thats just from the paper in the box..He seems lively and very healthy.. Maybe alittle over weight. but here are some pics as promised.
DSC02370.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02362.jpg

Oh man i was so excited about the tongue pic!
DSC02363.jpg

Adams13

5 Year Member
He looks great, i can't believe anyone would try to throw him away. Glad hes in good hands though.

Adams

angelrose

5 Year Member
Lexi, he's a real nice looking bts. how can somebody do that ?
it's good to see he's in real good hands now.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
i love his dark coloring. it looks like he might have some mouth rot. you may want to get that checked out.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yeah he has nice dark coloring to him,..And he is alot bigger then i thought...He has to be more then 20 inches..He doesnt like people that much..But he doesnt hiss or try to bite, Just tries to run.
Oh and Zeke its not mouth rott it's dried cat food the lady was giving him. I hope he didnt like cat food to much..cause i wont be feeding it to him.
Well to tell you the truth.. I dont realy know if its a male or female.. I just have a habit of saying "him".. Does anyone know how to tell sex with these guys?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He looks a hella ton better than the BTS's that I just saw in a local herp store. The quality of life that some animals receive is just sad. I am glad that he/she will get to see the upside of life and wish you the best of luck with em!!!!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Seeing pics like these make me miss my old Blue Tongued girl. My arrogant father would always feed it cat food, and wouldn't listen to me when I would tell him that it doesn't have all the nutrients she needed, as well as having stuff that can make her sick.
He actually got tired of the cat food smell and sold her....that was when I was a bit younger and didn't have a say in anything.

Good luck with your new sweetie!

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
He's very pretty Lexi. Good thing you rescued him. I've had an Silver and Black Indonesian Blue tongue skink for about number of years now. They are great pets. Have fun!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks guys! oh yeah.. I forgot to tell you i named him Slugworth! lol i thought it fit nice.

kymbadina

5 Year Member
He's really cute! If he is a he..You can tell by 2 ways, If you catch him going potty, His man parts might pop out for a split second. and the othe way is sperm plugs.. you can get pictures of both of these on bluetongueskinks.net

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu