• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new baby Ball

striggs

5 Year Member
OSIAS. :lol: :lol: cute lil ball lexi. my ball python is a pain in the a$$. I've had him 6 years & he's goes off feed just about every winter for a few months. I need to build him a cage & get him out of that tank he's in.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
Beautiful reduced patterns! Love it. I couldn't stop laughing at OSIAS. That's hilarious. KoreanDeathKid, it's gonna be hard not to get one. They are too perfect.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
striggs said:
my ball python is a pain in the a$$. I've had him 6 years & he's goes off feed just about every winter for a few months.
Mine (17 months old) is going through that too. Hasn't eaten in 5 weeks. I try every 2 weeks. He's only losing 5-10 grams every 2 weeks (down to 1220g) so I'm not worried.

Good luck with you Ball, they're real cute and docile, but can be a PITA (Pain In The A S S) to feed!!!

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah my friend who breeds them told me that they would stop eating for a couple of months... I havnt tried feeding OSIAS yet, but i think i might tomorrow.. Its been a pain in the ass trying to keep the humidity up in the tank she is in (i have a screen top on it)
..ill load more pics tomorrow of her tank and her..
thanks for the compliments guys!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lexi said:
Its been a pain in the butt trying to keep the humidity up in the tank she is in (i have a screen top on it)
There's a link on BP.net on how to cover most of the screen top with aluminum foil and black duct tape but it doesn't seem to be working right now. Putting the water bowl partially over the UTH will help, but the open top will let the humidity out too quickly. I can maintain 75% humidity for our BRB with this method. When I find the link I will post it.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thank you thank you!!! yeah i have her water bowl over the UTH which is helping alittle bit.. iv been misting it like crazy...
Im gonna load up some pics in a min.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I posted the question to the forum and admin but no response. They're a bit snobby over there. Every one keeps their Balls in tubs. It supposed to be easier. I prefer a tank for visibility.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
I've solved my humidity issues with Halloween foggers. Ultrasonic Misters cost about 40-50 bucks on herp sites and if you let your animal step or lick the water they get shocked. I like to buy Halloween foggers (which hide the 50$ USM inside something for under 30$) and alter them. I have a skull that I fill in the morning and evening and let run. The only issue is protecting the animals from the water reservoir. I usually just cover any openings with screen mesh and fiberglass over it so they can't scratch on it, or get inside, adds an eary little mood in the cage too lol. When I first got my ball she put her face in the mist and tried to stalk it through her tank. Apollo is a different story, he thinks he's king of the world. I got him a skull and fiber'd the eyes and put it in his cage and he charged it like 5 times. When he turned away and gave it a good whip, he decided it was no threat. Now he just licks the mist in the air. Here's a cauldron online, just needs some screen on top.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.buycostumes.com/Category/0/Product/20660/ProductDetail.aspx">http://www.buycostumes.com/Category/0/P ... etail.aspx</a><!-- m -->

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Thats cool, i need to get a better way to fix my boas up, what i have right now is working ok, but i dont want to have to mist at all in the perfect setup.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well here are somemore pics of her feeding and stuff.

DSC01961.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

DSC01975.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
haha thanks i though it would fit right in with her tank! it was like $5..wasnt bad..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced