• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new argentine tegu!

Crystal Rodriguez

Heey guys,
My name is Crystal and I recently got a Argentine Tegu on saturday at the Central Florida Repticon as an upcoming birthday present. Her name is Blu and she is my first Tegu. I would say she is about four or five months old. I have done my research on tegus before i got Blu but i want a few tips on getting her used to me and being handled. She is eating everyday and o'boy does she love salmon. She gets mist down daily and I plan on taking her a bath every 2-3 days. She really is a sweet heart and i am just in love with her color and patterns. Any tips on what i should be doing these first few weeks of having her?
Snapchat-4526092062561046413.jpg
Snapchat-1147751439675231317.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi Cystal. Congrats. She's beautiful and looks healthy. Do you mind sharing the name of the vendor/source?

Anyway, make sure Blu has a thermal gradient so she can be hot, warm, or cool. And think variety on diet. I think the used shirt trick in the hide is good to do. Also, be gentle and never lift from above. Congrats again.

Crystal Rodriguez

Hi Cystal. Congrats. She's beautiful and looks healthy. Do you mind sharing the name of the vendor/source?

Anyway, make sure Blu has a thermal gradient so she can be hot, warm, or cool. And think variety on diet. I think the used shirt trick in the hide is good to do. Also, be gentle and never lift from above. Congrats again.
Thank you! I got her from Tegus Only.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff