• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new 6-8mo red tegu

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
LOL!! Of course he did!! I'm really laughing - with you, not at you - they are ridiculous about their attitudes. They give a little, and take a lot. If you appreciate the notion that they think they're the kings of the house, you'll get a lot of comedy out of him! Sounds like you already do. Reminds me of a small chihuahua or something. They run everything - they actually run nothing. Love it.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Haha! I just wrote to someone else that they somehow re-gain their "I'm in charge now" attitude when their circumstances change. This happened with my adult male one day when I thought I'd be doing him a major favor to get him into the sun/shade, and let him chill outside in perfect temps..... Well - he decided this was his new home now and I'm infringing on his rights to choose. I couldn't keep him out all night, so I had to practically lasso him while he was spitting, lunging, and death rolling. Nobody got bit that day, but it wasn't for lack of trying. He gave it his best and gave me that "Thanks for nothing" look when we literally dumped him back into his real home.

They can be so ungrateful - he hasn't been back in the outside enclosure since! lol

rebel00soul

LOL!! Of course he did!! I'm really laughing - with you, not at you - they are ridiculous about their attitudes. They give a little, and take a lot. If you appreciate the notion that they think they're the kings of the house, you'll get a lot of comedy out of him! Sounds like you already do. Reminds me of a small chihuahua or something. They run everything - they actually run nothing. Love almost reminds me of a cat in that entitled attitude kind of way, but yes I definitely appreciate the notion that they think they’re the kings of the house. Even more so now that he’s showing his softer side. When he does his death rolls now he literally reminds me off an adult flailing around and asking for help while wading in a 2ft pool
Haha! I just wrote to someone else that they somehow re-gain their "I'm in charge now" attitude when their circumstances change. This happened with my adult male one day when I thought I'd be doing him a major favor to get him into the sun/shade, and let him chill outside in perfect temps..... Well - he decided this was his new home now and I'm infringing on his rights to choose. I couldn't keep him out all night, so I had to practically lasso him while he was spitting, lunging, and death rolling. Nobody got bit that day, but it wasn't for lack of trying. He gave it his best and gave me that "Thanks for nothing" look when we literally dumped him back into his real home.

They can be so ungrateful - he hasn't been back in the outside enclosure since! lol
I can actually see a play by play of that unfolding in my head right now. They definitely deserve an Oscar for best dramatic performances! Glad no one was injured that day. I’m glad you mentioned that last part about him not being back outside since that incident. I’m learning to separate what was my fault and what’s him just throwing a fit and mot rewarding that behavior versus offering a peace offering after I mess up.

rebel00soul

Salamence hanging out on my bed eating boiled eggs

Attachments

• D6F8CD87-8212-4D0B-A8D0-A625CEC4A67C.jpeg
    D6F8CD87-8212-4D0B-A8D0-A625CEC4A67C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13

rebel00soul

He wasn’t too particularly thrilled about me moving around him while he was eating, but seemed to mellow out once I finished cleaning out his enclosure. Does he seem overweight? He should be roughly 9mo now.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
He looks great - good fullness at the thick part of his tail, and very healthy. I don't think there's anything wrong with how he looks. Weight management can be a thing with these guys, but I wouldn't worry for any reason at his age. Do you see his jowls starting to develop? It looks like he's starting to fill out there, right?

rebel00soul

He looks great - good fullness at the thick part of his tail, and very healthy. I don't think there's anything wrong with how he looks. Weight management can be a thing with these guys, but I wouldn't worry for any reason at his age. Do you see his jowls starting to develop? It looks like he's starting to fill out there, right?
Yes I would agree 100% with his jowls looking like they’re starting to fill out. That’s good to know one far as his weight overall. I was getting a tiny bit worried with different articles or posts I’ve been reading up on. As far as comparing him to them mentioning slowing down their eating intake this time of year as they start going through their brumation. I love that little guy and his dramatic gestures lol.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
They are def dramatic! I finally got my Skully over to the new house we moved into recently and took him out for a good trudging in the kitchen. He inspected every inch of the dining room/kitchen area which is much bigger than the last house he was in, and I know he approved because he started hunching up on me and giving me attitude when I came over by him. He almost never does that any more, but a new area has to be approved and given the appropriate aggressive approval. What a doofus!! He arrives at a much bigger area to roam, and shows his appreciation by threatening me. Lol It's good you understand the drama, and just flow with it. Lots of people struggle with it, including myself when he was younger and his aggression was daily. As soon as I just realized there was nothing I could do to but laugh at him, our relationship relaxed. There was literally nothing I could do but let him have his snit-fit, and when there was no reaction, he started to give it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980