• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Little Guy (Baby Blue Tegu) *Pic Heavy*

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Hi all, this is my third day of having the little guy here. He seems to be acclimating quite well although he still won't eat ground turkey with or without cod liver oil. He LOVES crickets though :-D .

He's shedding and keeps scraping himself up against the rock. Do you think this is to get the shed off or is he still insecure? I thought only his tail is shedding but he's doing it to his whole body.

Anyway, here's some pics. He's fast so it's hard to get ones that aren't blurry:

3024151732_0428ca35fe.jpg

3024152392_ba9c5433c7.jpg

3024155116_2b8b8b9761.jpg

3023320079_8a74ef0635.jpg

3024149262_ec7bfc3d67_m.jpg

3024144142_e43db23be5_m.jpg

3023315371_7cc23095b0_m.jpg

3024146794_d2ae2a8930.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You have to move slowly and sneak up on him. Then he'll be curious and look at you (like it looks like he is).

Looking good!!

Schnab

5 Year Member
Love the background lol. He looks kinda misplaced in a desert, but that's what makes it cute :lol:

ashesc212

5 Year Member
LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing but I like the desert background the best and it was convenient because I put it on the beardie's cage too!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Come on back Saturday afternoon!! Pic another one out!! :mrgreen:

Lol don't tempt me!

I'm so proud of my little guy. He FINALLY decided to eat some turkey and he grew very quickly over the weekend. His stripes are starting to turn whitish on his belly now too and the gold/copper looking bands on his back are starting to lighten up. He's so handsome!!!

I also made progress. I helped him to get shed off and let him run around my bed. He seemed really happy to be handled (odd as it is) and he fell asleep in my hand afterward. Since then I have let him out a few times with me. We are trying to get him as tame and handle-friendly as possible. He really does seem to enjoy human affection.

He's also quite a character. He loves to show off and run and climb on his big rock and do other such stunts.

I'll try to get new pics up soon after we start unpacking some stuff (we just moved to Jersey).

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
DaveDragon said:
Come on back Saturday afternoon!! Pic another one out!! :mrgreen:

Lol don't tempt me!

I'm so proud of my little guy. He FINALLY decided to eat some turkey and he grew very quickly over the weekend. His stripes are starting to turn whitish on his belly now too and the gold/copper looking bands on his back are starting to lighten up. He's so handsome!!!

I also made progress. I helped him to get shed off and let him run around my bed. He seemed really happy to be handled (odd as it is) and he fell asleep in my hand afterward. Since then I have let him out a few times with me. We are trying to get him as tame and handle-friendly as possible. He really does seem to enjoy human affection.

He's also quite a character. He loves to show off and run and climb on his big rock and do other such stunts.

I'll try to get new pics up soon after we start unpacking some stuff (we just moved to Jersey).
That's great!! You're making great progress!

It's amazing how fast they're growing!

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Last night little guy (will I ever pick a name?) was so sweet. I moved his terrarium into our bedroom because it was in the kitchen while we were moving. While my bf was setting up the tank I was holding him. First, he climbed into my shirt and fell asleep. Then I tried to get him out and he resisted. After further attempts I was able to get him out but he walked around a few seconds and then came back onto my arm and fell to sleep and WOULDN'T let go. I felt so bad that I had to put him back when he clearly wanted to hang out with me but the big, mean bf said there was more stuff to move. ...bully... :rant

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
And no pictures??!! :mrgreen: That moment deserved a picture!

He sure has bonded with you!!!

Our Tokay Gecko like to sleep in my wife's hand, after he's bitten her a few times. :roll:

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Our Tokay Gecko like to sleep in my wife's hand, after he's bitten her a few times.

Haha that's kinda funny. lol. Beautiful little blue you got there. Wonderful news on him getting more attached[/code]

ashesc212

5 Year Member
lizardboy101 said:
Our Tokay Gecko like to sleep in my wife's hand, after he's bitten her a few times.

Haha that's kinda funny. lol. Beautiful little blue you got there. Wonderful news on him getting more attached[/code]

Thanks, I've got to take more pictures before he grows up too fast. I want to capture every moment on the camera. I'm not sure where it is right now though ... probably in the pile of boxes in the living room.

LOL about the Tokay Gecko, Dave. Those are love bites...

ashesc212

5 Year Member
MORE PICS COMING SOON!

I took some new pics of the tegu but I need to get my bf to upload them to Flickr since it is blocked here at work. I need the image location.

I can't wait to show you all more pics of his fabulousness.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
MORE PICS COMING SOON!

I took some new pics of the tegu but I need to get my bf to upload them to Flickr since it is blocked here at work. I need the image location.

I can't wait to show you all more pics of his fabulousness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan