• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My first Tegu

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Love that pic of him looking up - they are seriously curious!

My male Skully (now 4 yrs), has been coming out to the kitchen for his romp/bathroom appt for probably 2 years now. Just this last week he decided it's time to climb the cabinets. I don't know what all of the sudden possessed him but he's trying to hoist his big self up now, to see what he can get into. I haven't seen him be interested in climbing for about 2 years. But....today's the day. He's a pretty big male, and he actually tries to jump! Not a fun thing to have happen to one's nice kitchen cabinets. Yeesh.

ColdBlooded1

Is it normal for them to do their poops in the same spot? He seems to have picked a spot to do his big turd, and it's always in that spot.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Yes, in my experience, my male will always go over to the same spot (give or take) to relieve himself. You'll laugh, but I've gotten so used to him that I take a triple paper towel, and slip it under him when he decides it's time. (Yes, I'd rather slide that under him in that moment so I don't have to clean the huge mess while it gets in the cracks of the flooring.) I like it that he just strolls on over when it's time. I can't say it's 100% of the time, because every once in awhile, he'll just drop it wherever....probably just to throw me off! Then, there's those moments when he decides it's time to lay in it too. Those are special times. Ugh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602