• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My first Red tegu’s enclosure

Siggy

Hi all,

In january my red tegu will arrive but first i have to build the enclosure for him. He is aprox. 30 cm and i am gonna build him a plywood terrarium of 2 meter wide 1 meter deep and 80 cm high. Is this a good idea to give him already this big of a enclosure or should i start smaller for taming purpose?
And also i am planning on using sliding doors 1 cm thick. Now the biggest question i have is the fact, is that enough ventilation in combo with a perforated alu strip at 2 meter on 15 cm on top of the cage ?

Ps srry for my metric use and my many questions

Greetings
Siggy

beardeddragon111

Don't apologize for using the metric system that's what the most of the world uses anyway. I don't know exactly would you mean by "a perforated alu strip at 2 meter on 15 cm" but either way, I would suggest using a vent on each end of the terrarium, one of the ones people use for ceilings and floors so you can open and close it.

Siggy

I mean those alu strips they use on most of the glas terrariums. but i like your idea also maybe even beter to control the humidity levels.
What size would you recommend of air vents ?

beardeddragon111

I mean those alu strips they use on most of the glas terrariums. but i like your idea also maybe even beter to control the humidity levels.
What size would you recommend of air vents ?
Ok I see what you mean. You probably do want the extra ventilation though. And I recommend the 12 inch by 6 inch model. Lol sorry I don't know wgat that is in cm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980