• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My daughter's newest rescue

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
My daughter saw photos of this dog that was sitting in a shelter in Kalamazoo, Michigan. She couldn't get him out of her head so we found a bully breed rescue that would list him for adoption if she would foster him. We made all of the arrangements and got the dog transported here on Saturday. It was immediately obvious that the dog has some health issues but he is an absolute doll when it comes to disposition.

Benson was neutered today and we had x-rays done while he was anesthetized. Unfortunately this poor dog has bilateral luxating patellas, severe hip displasia, and old healed fractures on both femur necks. He is very weak and wobbly in the rear legs but he is also still malnourished and has some muscle atrophy from sitting in the shelter for weeks. We are hoping that some good nutrition, supplements, meds, and moderate exercise will improve his condition somewhat. Amazingly he doesn't seem to be in any pain. We are all totally smitten with Bennie and he will have a nice warm home, plenty of good food, and lots of love, for as long as he needs them.

30216benson_003.jpg

30216benson_002.jpg

Why do people insist on breeding dogs with such horrible defects and traits? It makes me so sad and angry.

ApriliaRufo

5 Year Member
My GOD he's GORGEOUS. I am so sorry for all the problems he's having. He is in my prayers. My goodness I can't get enough of loooking at those pictures.

dicy

5 Year Member
nice dog u got there i agree whit the breeding storry a responseble owner doesnt breed dogs whit anny defeckts how litle they migth be

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
It's so upsetting the way people are breeding dogs like mad when there are endless numbers of animals that are in need of a home. Not to mention both mutts and purebreds are available.

I hope that beautiful dog has a second chance at life. You're one in a million Jif.

-Chris

gebris353

5 Year Member
Good job, it's really good to see that some of us still care for these boys, just look at his face... well done. ;)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I agree, he is a great looking animal, I hope you can get him back to great health. ;)

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
It really is terrible that most of this happens simply because of puppy mills, and the fact that dogs at puppy mills are inbred and not cared for properly. I hope he does well. He truly is a beautiful animal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus