• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

my columbian Angelrose

angelrose

5 Year Member
what does yours eat :roll:
Angelrose is with me for three years now and looks like she is maybe bored with mice. she will take them and rip them open slurp the blood and insides and sometimes eats the head .. :twisted: leaves the rest for me to clean up .. :evil: she has had chicken, turkey, lately raw bloody steak.
not too long ago my daughters parakeet got out and met Angelrose .....at the same time :twisted: she l o v e d it :twisted: .
I am trying to get her to eat more :?: .... or
is it because it is winter :?: :?:

AB^

5 Year Member
My colombian has weird feeding habits, sometimes she isnt too interested in food and other times she just goes nuts on it.
For the diet I use mice,superworms,roaches,ground turkey (with hidden fruit)crayfish,silk and hornworms,chicks, quail eggs and umm, that basically covers it.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is he mean? Or just hard to handel? try not to grab him tighly when you pick him up and hold him..dont force him to do somthing he doesnt want to do.

bige85tegu

5 Year Member
I do not force him to do anything and he likes to jump up and down on the sides of the cage and rub his face on the side on the tank ocassionally, what could this be from?

angelrose

5 Year Member
Hi bige, Angelrose did do the same thing. I forgot to ask you how big is your col. tegu :?: does he have an end to cool :?: Angel use to do the same and I noticed it was because she had to 'go' poo :oops: and she will not 'go' in her house :oops: :lol: :lol:

AB^

5 Year Member
bige85tegu said:
I do not force him to do anything and he likes to jump up and down on the sides of the cage and rub his face on the side on the tank ocassionally, what could this be from?

It just wants out, if your cage is too small it can cause a problem with nose rubs etc. But it's (for lack of a better term) natural in captive situations. colombians want much more freedom than they are usually given.

AB^

5 Year Member
I disagree, it doesnt matter how I have my teguixin set up it's always trying to get out.

angelrose

5 Year Member
I agree AB^ Angelrose has always had a big enclosure and everything she needs.
anytime I bring a new lizard / snake home she has to go look and make her 'mark' near them.
I leave her door open when I am home so she can come and go as she pleases.
Angel has to come out to check everything out :lol:

gebris353

5 Year Member
Juancho eats meat, chicken, lots of snails, raw eggs and fruits: grapes, plums, cherries, bananas, melon and many more. ;)

bige85tegu

5 Year Member
I am thinking because I have the tegu in a 20 gallon tank now and by next month I am going to put him a a 60 or 75 gallon and see how he acts then. Gebris353 I have seen you tegu on youtube and I can not wait to get mine to be as calm and chill as yours. My savannah I think is jealous of the tegu even though the tegu has been there for only 3 or 4 days.

ZEKE

5 Year Member
bige85tegu said:
I am thinking because I have the tegu in a 20 gallon tank now and by next month I am going to put him a a 60 or 75 gallon and see how he acts then. Gebris353 I have seen you tegu on youtube and I can not wait to get mine to be as calm and chill as yours. My savannah I think is jealous of the tegu even though the tegu has been there for only 3 or 4 days.

how big is your tegu that you keep in the 20 gallon?

you are going to need to build a custom enclosure. they need like a 8x4x3 cage as an adult.

bige85tegu

5 Year Member
ZEKE said:
bige85tegu said:

how big is your tegu that you keep in the 20 gallon?

you are going to need to build a custom enclosure. they need like a 8x4x3 cage as an adult.

Its a baby prolly like 10-12 inches in length if that.

angelrose

5 Year Member
:lol: that's funny because I thought it looked like my savannah gets jealous as well and sometimes takes on an attitude if he sees me holding the args or my pythons his head pops up and he watches. that's why he has his own room to roam about :lol:

angelrose

5 Year Member
as Angelrose grew I had her in three homes and now the final 6 footer and she always wants out so when I am home I leave the door open and she will go back in to bask or sleep when she wants to 8)

bige85tegu

5 Year Member
My savannah gets real jealous and starts to hiss and slip the glass tank because I am holding the tegu. But if I try to get her to come to my hand she runs and hides. So its like she does not want me to hold the tegu but dont hold her neither. Its funy sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu