• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Moves, Cages, etc

Ace

So, I just finished moving to a new apartment. I built an 8x3x3 cage, and installed a bell by the door. It's been in for 3 days and Lacuna has already figured out that if she rings it, I'll come get her and put her on the porch to sun herself. I take the bell out when I'm not home, and she's picking up the concept fairly quickly. She's eating great, and is growing at an almost alarming rate.

Pictures will be posted once I get my camera up and running.

In other news, are there approximate hatch dates on the 2011 Extreme Giants?

I forgot to ask... I noticed that a couple of the Extreme Giants had diamond-shaped patterns on their backs instead of bars. Is this from a specific parent? Lacuna has them and I'm trying to find out who her parents were.

WildlifeLover429

A bell, thats amazing! please tell us if she keeps doing this! I would love to teach my Gu's when the come home this summer how to do that! Can you post pics of how you have the bell set on the door? and maybe her ringing it? :) Not sure when the exact date are though but you can look at Bobby's recent thread and he has a posts where he says says how long it will take for them to hatch.

Ace

I'll post pictures and videos, but it's basically a fishing bell hung with a staple near the sliding glass door. Every time the bell rings, I go and get her, and put her on the porch. She learned pretty quickly (like within 3 hours) that she could ring the bell I'd come get her. The idea behind this is to provide the tegu with a safe way of getting in and out of the cage without leaving the door open. This way, she doesn't hurt herself on anything trying to get out.

Shadowgamer21

a fishing bell is small and has a clamp at it's top so you can attach it to your fishing line when using stationary bait. the vibration from a fish on the line rings the bell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu