• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Monitor Behavior Observation

Dana C

I had been keeping my Black Throat, Kinabo, in an 8' x 4' enlosure. I needed to move the enclosure into another room, a chore that required removing the substrate, disconnecting the lighting, almost completely dis-assembling the enclosure with is no small task. To accomplish his I put Kinabo into a small 4' enclosure that he didn't seem to mind and got to work on the big cage.
Between a bit of illness, (chronic), moving, reassembly and electrical problems, the whole thing took 3 plus weeks. Kinabo didn't seem to mind and if anything became more chummy than he was before.
The time came yesterday to move him back into the big cage which is now in another room where I spend a lot of time and watch TV.
As I expected, Kinabo became a nasty, tail whipping, hissing, wound up terror. I sat at the doors, which are wood framed glass and talked to him a while then left him alone. After a couple of hours I noticed that he was next to one of the doors, like he used to be in the small enclosure. I opened the door, he hissed, whipped and moved to the back. This time, he made a circuit and slowly moved back to the door about six inches from my hand. I told him I was going to pet him and he allowed me to touch him, pat him and have a good minute or two with him. I also held the base of his tail.
Late afternoon came and I fed him. He ate well and did his usual eating a portion from a fork. I stroked him and, as usual, after eating he was closer to his old self.
He is coming around after getting used to his remodeled surroundings
and new room and hangs close to the doors looking for the occasional bit of attention that he likes....on his terms. It was fascinating to watch his changing behavior which ranged from "Clark Kent" to Lex Luthor" and back to Clark Kent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980