• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Monday night herping

Beazer

5 Year Member
Went out herping 5-12 and did some lazy road cruzing. Ended up finding 2 mojave rattlesnakes (one that ate a huge meal and could barely move lol), 1 dback, 1 Western shovelnose (in the intergrade zone), 1 variable sand snake, tons of banded geckos, and 1 desert horned lizard (Phrynosoma platyrhinos). Soon I will have another camera and get lots of herping pics for you guys.

-Jon DeLong

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice!! I haven't seen a Phrynosoma platyrhinos in God knows how long!
They are REALLY scarce around here in San Diego County....heck, in most of California.

Where are you from, again?

Oh, and for those who don't know them by the scientific name, the common nickname for these guys is the "Horney Toad".....dunno why though....they aren't toads at all.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beazer said:

Oh, they are a LITTLE more common out there I believe, but still rare!
Either way, congrats!

I wish you had a camera with you when you saw the Phrynosoma platyrhinos...

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Az has all the cool ish! I can do without the heat though, so I am content with where I'm at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan