• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Mint,..

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Has anyone every tried it with their tegu?

I know its okay for them to eat and some reptiles really do like it but I never considered it until the other day. There's a patch of wild mint growing in my backyard and Katsuki (gotta change that) came across it and practically lost his mind.

Seriously,.. it was almost like seeing a cat with catnip. He was sliding and slithering back and fourth through it. Chomping at the flower buds a bit but I think that was more movement related. Since he was already excited sliding through it and the buds were moving, got his attention and he went for it.

I caught a little bit of it but by the time I thought about it, ran, got my camera and came back he was just about done and not as excited as before.

montana

Cool I have several varieties of spearmint [and catnip] Ill put some in Darwin's outdoor pen tomorrow..

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's not much but this is what I caught by the time I came back with my camera. Just click on it for the video.

Maybe I'll be able to catch it again this weekend

Piercedcub32

I wonder if its some kind of instinctual thing, maybe the oil in the mint helps with external parasites or other bugs that may bother them in the wild.. I know ants and ticks usually don't enjoy the mint plants... just a thought. Cute video in any light! ;o)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.