• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Melinus Enclosure

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here is my Melinus enclosure, I just moved him in yesterday.

Melinuscage-1.jpg

Any questions or ideas to make it better are welcome.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
what did u use for the base of the cage? looks like it was an entertainment system.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
ahh cool.is that hard to work with?

i just looked it up it looks awesome for building cages.where did u get it and how much is it? how much would arboreal cage cost me?if you build cages that is..

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's a little tough to work with. You have to have a really smooth blade for cutting it otherwise the white chips on the edges. It is also really heavy. It is cool a it doesn't need to be sealed other than the seams.

I got it from Home Depot for $38 for a 4x8 sheet. They also have some precut sizes.

I could build you one if you were local for a $100 plus supplies. Shipping would be expensive.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not sure. You could check Boamaster.com or animalplastics.com and see what they charge to ship something of the same size.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What size do you want? What door style? Any light fixtures installed? Any vents installed?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hmm.6 x4 prolly.door that opens up like every other door.sliding glass would be a pain.ehh just holes to put two in.yes one on top and bottom to circulate air.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Varanus K.Face said:
Hows the humidy on it? Post pics of your salvator!

Holds pretty steady at 50% on the hot side and 70-80% on the cool side.

I'll post some pics of him in a few weeks. He was really stressed, so I have him in a cage completely covered so he can get comfortable. I check on his water daily and drop in some food for him.
frost said:
hmm.6 x4 prolly.door that opens up like every other door.sliding glass would be a pain.ehh just holes to put two in.yes one on top and bottom to circulate air.

6x4x6??? Sliding door is actually really easy. For lights you just want 8" circles cut in the top?? I will do the vents the same a I did mine.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
lol sry 6 high and 4x4 across.lights sound good.ok i didnt see where ur vents where.it will prolly be a while before i get the money for teh cage tho.=/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan