• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Looking for black throat

frost

1,000+ Post Club
looking for a young baby or juvy black throat monitor. looking to buy or trade for blizzard. comment or send me a pm if you are interested.

Steven.

Good luck, the last time i seen a baby black throat for sale was 2 years ago at a reptile show for underground reptiles. I been looking for a hatchling for some time now.. Good luck ad pm me if you get a link please

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think the only time I've seen black throat babies was at the big LA reptile show...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ever since they closed down exporting from Tanzania there have been few hatchlings. They will all be captive hatched and not too many people were breeding when exporting closed down. I have seen adult and sub adult prices sky rocket on them but thats your best bet at getting them now a days. If you like the look you maybe able to find white throats, export closed down years ago on them but people have been captive breeding them longer as well. Either way good luck.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I saw a nice little black throat at the manchester, nh reptile expo... very good price. When we went in march.

Grendel

A store in Jacksonville has a juvenile black throat for 400$. It's called House of Reptiles. Phone is 904-348-2050. Call them and see if they will ship to you.
I am also waiting for a black throat, a friend of mine has a small reptile business and is expecting two later this week.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
is there a big difference between white and black throats? like temperament wise?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Temp wise I have not heard too much. Whites tend to be smaller in size.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
ill have to check on some forums and see if i can find anything. i dont see any good reviews of that place. i dont trust most online reptile stores.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Tanzania is not closed. It opens up briefly every summer and only lets a certain number of animals out. Black throats are starting to come in, a few shipments have already came in and you can find them on fauna and kingsnake, they will be young and freshly wild caught.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hum interesting. Last time I heard the exporting was closing down. I like to see they have opened up for a short season.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
maybe ill have better luck with a rhino iguana. i saw one at the last expo i went to for $300

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
exporting closes down for most of the year but its not permanent, it re opens every year. but only lets a certain amount of #'s come through.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980